ABC and MRC Live & Alternative today announced the performance lineups in Times Square and New Orleans for “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022.” This year marks the 50th anniversary of America’s go-to annual New Year’s tradition that celebrates the year’s very best in music. The most-watched New Year’s Eve celebration nationwide which features iconic performances of the year’s biggest songs airs LIVE Dec. 31 at 8 p.m. EST/PST on ABC.
Performances in Times Square:
- 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Hip-Hop superstar and multi-hyphenate entertainer, LL COOL J, will give a spectacular performance of his iconic hits from the NYRE stage.
- Pop/R&B superstar Chlöe will wow the Times Square crowd with an unforgettable performance of her chart-topping hit, “Have Mercy.”
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and award-winning rock legends Journey will perform a special collection of notable and celebrated hits.
- Multi-platinum international Latin phenom KAROL G will kick off the night’s festivities with a red-hot performance of her fan-favorite hits.
Performance in New Orleans:
- New Orleans co-host Billy Porter delivers his new hit single and a sneak peak of a future classic on the riverboat Louis Armstrong on the mighty Mississippi River in the historic French Quarter.
AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED
Los Angeles Performers
- AJR and duo Daisy The Great (“Record Player”)
- Avril Lavigne and Travis Barker (“Sk8er Boi,” “Bite Me”)
- Big Boi with singer Sleepy Brown (“The Way You Move,” “Animalz”)
- Don Omar (“Danza Kuduro”) with Nio Garcia (“Se Menea”)
- French Montana (“FWMGAB,” “Unforgettable”)
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (“Can’t Hold Us”) with singer Windser (“Next Year”)
- Måneskin (“Beggin’,” “Mamma Mia”)
- Mae Muller with Polo G (“Better Days”); Polo G (“Rapstar,” “Smooth Criminal”)
- Masked Wolf (“Astronauts in the Ocean,” “Pandemonium”)
- OneRepublic (”Counting Stars,” “Run”)
- Walker Hayes (“Fancy Like,” “AA”)
Puerto Rico Performer
- Global music star and reggaeton dynamo Daddy Yankee will give a special hometown performance in Puerto Rico
Host, Co-Hosts, and Correspondent
- The L.A. Party festivities will be kicked off by five-time NYRE co-host and multi-platinum selling artist, Ciara, with Club Quarantine’s D-Nice spinning the turntables at the celebration. The star-studded NYRE lineup also includes 17-time host and executive producer Ryan Seacrest in Times Square with first-time co-host Liza Koshy, co-host Billy Porter from New Orleans, and co-host Roselyn Sanchez leading the festivities in Puerto Rico, the inaugural destination for the show’s first Spanish-language countdown,
- POWERBALL correspondent Jessie James Decker will announce the “POWERBALL First Millionaire of the Year” live from New York just after midnight.
The No. 1 New Year’s Eve programming special each year, last year’s program dominated the combined deliveries of its broadcast competitors by 7.0 million Total Viewers and by 63% with Adults 18-49. Soaring by double digits year over year, last year’s late-night telecast attracted 18.4 million Total Viewers and ranked as the highest-rated musical special of 2020 among Adults 18-49.
For the latest Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve news, exclusive content and more, follow NYRE on social (Facebook | Twitter | Instagram), on ABC sites (Facebook | Twitter | Instagram), online at newyearsrockineve.com and join the conversation by using the official hashtag for the show, #RockinEve on ABC sites (Facebook | Twitter | Instagram), online at newyearsrockineve.com and join the conversation by using the official hashtag for the show, #RockinEve.